Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 1997 11:11:48 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@sunny.wup.de>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.2 cdrom installation problem (sysinstall core dump,...)

Hi !

I just experienced some problems with the CD-ROM installation.

a) In the toplevel configuration menue there is a submenue for
   different configuration options (editor, ftp active, passive,...)
   I started to toggle multiple times between debugging yes/no
   about five times, then the sysinstall program core dumped
   and the machine reboots

b) During custom configuration I made various post installation
   settings ... After first reboot there was nearly nothing
   configured in /etc

c) When choosing to install the samba package, you have three
   choices, export home dirs, printers and other additional
   directories.

   I want to export additionally:

	/var/ftp and
	/usr/local/www

   Message:
	"Directory does not exist"
	"Choose another one ?"

	On Yes: I get another non working chance
	On No: samba configuration is rapidly quitted

	I think you possibly forgot the mount point
	on which all disks are mounted ... /var/ftp
	should exist ... or ?!

	And if such a dir really doesn't exist, I think this
	should only be a warning ... If somebody knows what he needs,
	it should be allowed to accespt such a directory.
	Or it should be created on demand ...

	Andreas ///

--
aklemm@wup.de         /\/\___ Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
Andreas Klemm     ___/\/\/        - Support Unix -