Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 1995 08:04:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: this is silly - really!

all lower case isn't a problem from my perspective; I DO REALLY HATE IT
THOUGH WHEN PEOPLE SEND MESSAGES IN ALL UPPER CASE.  (shudder)  No mercy
should be shown to upper-case weenies; most are probably ex-mainframers
that are trying to find real careers anyway...

I learned to touch-type in high school, so mixing case is really easy for
me...

Mike

On Wed, 1 Feb 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 04:14:09 -0800
> From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
> To: hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
> Subject: this is silly - really!
>
> ok, just a quick straw poll.  how many people out there _really object_
> when somebody sends them something in all lower-case, too lazy to even
> capitalize after punctuation? this used to sort of bother me until finally
> the light dawned yesterday and i understood - it's a lot *faster* to
> type when you ignore case!  gee! revelation! :-)  now it's no coincidence
> that all my very busiest friends all started doing this around the
> same time! :-)
>
> on the other hand, as you can plainly see, it looks kinda stupid.
>
> it is certainly much faster to type, and you run into less run-on mistakes
> where you get two letters cap'd and then you have to go back and muck it all
> up for awhile until finally you can go on to the next word.  bah.
>
> so what's the concensus?  go for fast but ugly or slower but more
> elegant?  :-)
>
> 					jordan

Thanks,

Mike

|Mike Newell                           | The opinions expressed herein are  |
|NASA Science Internet Network Systems | my own, and do not necessarily     |
|Sterling Software, Inc.               | reflect those of the NSI program,  |
|MNewell@nsipo.nasa.gov                | Sterling Software, NASA, or anyone |
|+1-202-434-8954                       | else.                              |