Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:39:03 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.nanoteq.co.za>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot messages on console in 3.2

Hi ...

I'm trying to get a 3.2-STABLE to boot via the serial console.

I can get the "boot: " rompt and loader to display to the serial
console, but after the 9 second delay it continues to boot but
no output is generated to the screen (device probes etc.).

After the boot has completed, the login prompt is displayed on the
console and I can login.  I just want it to display the boot
information (probes ... hd ... etc.)

the /boot.config  file has the following option
-h

and that is the only line ...  I have tried both -h and -P ...
I have tried only -P

The "show" command under loader shows that the console is set to
comconsole

I've also treid a kernel with "flags 0x01" to the atkbd ... but
it also doesn't work and the "options COMCONSOLE" for the kernel
is nolonger allowed according to config.

Any ideas ?

Thanx

Reinier