Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:36:26 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>
Cc:        Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Switching between kernels

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 02:23:53PM -0800, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com> writes:
>
> > Just hit a key to break out of the autoboot countdown, then:
> >
> > 	boot kernel.PCM
> >
> > or whatever you called the alternative kernel.
>
> Might he need to do something with modules.PCM?
>
> (The Handbook and loader(8) manual are too sketchy.))

I might not be 100% on this, but I think modules are always installed in
/modules, no matter what the kernel is called.  When I'm upgrading after a
cvsup, I build both GENERIC and my normal custom kernel, but only build
modules with one of those to avoid having the same thing installed twice.

Since both of Per's kernels are built from the same sources and identical
except for the SMP/PCM options, either should work with the same set of
modules.

	Scott