Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 1995 03:19:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: changes in -current..TEST please

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Julian Elischer wrote:

> > > 	Just sup'd in the newest /usr/src/sys, and added options JREMOD
> > > to my config file, re'config'd and tried to recompile and got the following
> > > error:

> > > kern_xxx.o: Undefined symbol `_dummy_cleanup' referenced
> > > *** Error code 1
> >
> > can you send me your config file?
> > (have you updated config recently)
>
> ok I just compiled your kernel...
>
> cc -O -W -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit  -Wnested-externs  -nostdinc -I. -I../.. -I../../sys -I/usr/include -DI386_CPU -DPCVT_FREEBSD=210 -DSYSVMSG -DSYSVSEM -DSYSVSHM -DUCONSOLE -DBOUNCE_BUFFERS -DSCSI_DELAY=15 -DCOMPAT_43 -DPROCF
S -DMSDOSFS -DFFS -DINET -DMATH_EMULATE -DJREMOD -DKERNEL -c vers.c
> rearranging symbols
> text    data    bss     dec     hex
> 647168  53248   65684   766100  bb094
>
> no problems..
> you have something else broken....

	Okay, will clear it all out and try again.  The only thing that
I have new on the system is gcc 2.7.1, which I'm using to compile the
kernel, but I've already compiled 2 using it, with no problems.

	the other thing I'm trying differently is using -O6 instead of
-O, but ... that shouldn't hurt anything, should it?

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
scrappy@hub.org  |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
 soon to be:     |                                    | Information and
scrappy@ki.net   |      WWW: http://hub.org           | Communications, Inc