Date:      Tue, 7 Jun 2011 23:56:34 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   flashplayer amd64(?) issues persist

Ok guys, I really don't know what to say. I wish someone could come stare
at my box and witness this because it seems like I'm the only person in
existence to have this problem. I've tried -stable, I've tried different
flash player / browser / nvidia driver combinations, flash config settings
in the mms.cfg, etc etc and I cannot make this problem go away. I've
posted pictures before, and it has to do with active flashplayer videos
(mostly youtube videos) somehow bleeding into other apps. You can even
minimize the browser window and the video is still floating there
invisible where it was before you minimized -- just put a terminal window
over that area and you can see it again as if you enabled background
transparency on the terminal. Open a new tab in the browser and the flash
video from the previous tab just starts bleeding through. Very weird.

Well, I've run out of ideas and my work machine and home machine are very
similar -- hardware is not identical, but software and drivers definitely
are. So a weird idea just popped into my head... could it be memory
related? My work machine has 4GB of RAM, but my desktop at home has 12GB
and I have much, much more video memory (1280MB). Is flash / X /
linuxulator / nvidia-driver or some crazy combination causing this because
of the amount of memory in my machine? Do others with intermittent flash
problems (hard locks, etc) also have a large amount of memory?

I don't have the option right now, but this weekend I'll pull out some RAM
and see if the problem goes away.

Note, the stability of this box is fine, power supply is great, power is
cleaned from a good UPS, and I've run extended memtests so I don't believe
it's a hardware problem.

System is:
AMD x6 1100T
12GB RAM