Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:58:41 +0200
From:      Vadim Belman <voland@mail.mobilix.dk>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: randomdev entropy gathering is really weak

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 06:43:40PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> >	And what if no network at all?
>
> Your need for random bits are quite a bit less urgent in that case.
>
> Remember: This is not about getting industry strength unbeatable
> crypto.  If you want that, you buy a hardware solution.
>
> This is about making a FreeBSD machine as good as we can in the
> standard case.

	I mostly agree, but let's put it other way. A rare situation with a
local network with no external connection, no NTP servers. Just a server(s)
plus several clients. At least some of the clients are being treated as
untrusted (consider public terminals) and server has some critical
information on it.

--
/Voland			Vadim Belman