Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 1995 10:34:52 +0000 ()
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding a SCSI HD Help!

Hi,

I've spent a few hours searching for documentation on how to add a second new
SCSI HD to my system.  I assume I need to use (FreeBSD)fdisk/disklabel and
newfs.  This will be my second SCSI HD on the system, so I am attempting
to perform operations on /dev/sd1 and /dev/rsd1 and /dev/rsd1c (can anyone
clarify this?), and I feel I'm running through fdisk with moderate success,
but get ioctl errors from newfs (GDINFO: Invalid argument) (and more).

Is there any clear documentation on how to do this, or a program that makes
it easier?  I've RTFM'ed in /usr/share/ and www.freebsd.org, and haven't
found anything really helpful.

Thanks,
R. Beerman