Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 21:01:36 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> I happen to disagree with the BSD interpretation of POSIX in this
> regard.  SVR4 is certified POSIX compliant, and they don't do what
> we do: they propagate group SIGHUP to all process group members.

They don't do it in the kernel, their shell does.  If you want the
same silly behaviour, use the same shell (ksh93e, it's available for
free).  I don't want it, so i'm using this shell for reference
purposes only.

Regarding their Posix certification, i always wonder how they get away
with a default shell (/bin/sh) that's still far away from being Posix.
Many systems of SysV vintage still ship an obsolete awk, since they
fear to rename their `nawk' (which is everything else but new these
days) as the default one.  I bet they won't make the Korn shell the
default shell before the year 2050, in the fear that some obsolete
script by some obsolete vendor might stumple across it...

--
cheers, J"org