Date:      	Mon, 20 Jan 1997 23:25:48 -0500
From:      David Holland <dholland@eecs.harvard.edu>
To:        Multiple recipients of list BUGTRAQ <BUGTRAQ@NETSPACE.ORG>
Subject:        Re: talkd problem

 > revision 1.4
 > date: 1996/07/17 23:41:10;  author: deraadt;  state: Exp;  lines: +10 -8
 > buffer overflow from dholland@hcs.HARVARD.EDU; could do with some cleanup?
 >  [...]
 >
 > I really like it when we get to fix a security hole 5 months before
 > everyone else.  "Everyone else" should do something about that.

'cept for us, of course. :-)

I *tried* to get the information out to people, but it's like pulling
teeth sometimes.

Anyone who's maintaining BSD user-level network tools and doesn't have
my fixes, please feel free to get in touch with me. This talkd thing
was one of the first things I found, and I've been racking up more in
the past few months. :-/

--
   - David A. Holland             |    VINO project home page:
     dholland@eecs.harvard.edu    | http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/vino