Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:18:25 -0400
From:      joel2a@yahoo.com
To:        Boomerkitten@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: loading freebsd-unix

--=====================_193984645==_.ALT

If keeping windows 98 is so important to you I would buy a new hard drive
and install freebsd on that.
Then use some multiple OS boot system to switch between them.

Joel

At 11:06 AM 6/15/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear FreeBSD,
>       I am interested in loading UNIX onto my computer but I know almost
>nothing about operating systems.  I am currently running Windows98.  If I
>download FreeBSD/UNIX, will I overwrite and destroy my existing operating
>system?
>       In a networking class that I am taking, the machine has both the
>Microsoft 98 operating system and UNIX.  If you hit f1, Windows loads, if you
>hit f2, UNIX loads.  Will I end up with something like that.
>       I'm very much interested in experimenting with UNIX, but not at the
>cost of trashing my existing system.
>Thanks,  Boomerkitten@aol.com

--=====================_193984645==_.ALT

If keeping windows 98 is so important to you I would buy a new hard drive
and install freebsd on that.<br>
Then use some multiple OS boot system to switch between them.<br>
Joel<br>
At 11:06 AM 6/15/01 -0400, you wrote:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am interested in loading UNIX onto my
computer but I know almost <br>
nothing about operating systems.&nbsp; I am currently running
Windows98.&nbsp; If I <br>
download FreeBSD/UNIX, will I overwrite and destroy my existing operating
system?&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In a networking class that I am taking,
the machine has both the <br>
Microsoft 98 operating system and UNIX.&nbsp; If you hit f1, Windows
loads, if you <br>
hit f2, UNIX loads.&nbsp; Will I end up with something like
that.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm very much interested in experimenting
with UNIX, but not at the <br>
cost of trashing my existing system. <br>