Date:      Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:28:12 +0200
From:      "Malan Joubert" <malan_joubert@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Forte and JDK1.4 on FreeBSD?

Forte and JDK1.4 on FreeBSD?
Is anyone out there using the Linux versions of sun's JDK 1.4 and Forte 3 on
FreeBSD 4.5 release?
I installed Linux base 6.1 blah blah blah
install the JDK and using rpm installed forte
The jdk gives me a class not found error... :(
And forte starts the splash screen and the gives me an odd error (SORRY I'm
not at the pc at the mo and can't remmember the exact error SORRY)

Has anyone actually managed to use these on FreeBSD?

Bye + thanx in advance
Malan Joubert

PS I've looked at the FreeBSD ports, they have a Forte 3.x port but you
can't download it as a package...
as my machine is not connected to the internet is there a way I can download
the port and then install it from a cd?