Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2012 09:25:06 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?UmVuw6kgTGFkYW4=?= <rene@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Font display on Non-English sites

On 14-11-2012 07:32, Yuri wrote:
> Special unicode characters are also not displayed properly.
> Even in the google results character U+200D (&#8205; &zwj; ZERO WIDTH
> JOINER) shows as a box.
> This is some serious regression. Something similar happened before, over
> a year ago, but was fixed back then.
> Developer Tools/Elements also shows this problem.
>
> Maintainers should take a look. I think you should roll the version back
> to previous until regression is fixed.

I'm also seeing this with LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8 (10-amd r242658, chromium
built with gcc46). But rolling the version back is highly unlikely due
to the security vulnerabilities (shown at
http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2012/11/stable-channel-release-and-beta-channel.html
). You can do a local rollback though, pulling an older version of the
port from an archive (CVS/SVN/web) and rebuild it.

I noticed midori-0.4.7 which uses webkit-gtk2-1.4.3_1 from ports works
fine with LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8 (characters Chinese spam showing correctly).
It also works fine with chrome-23.0.1271.64 on Ubuntu 12.04 with
LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8

René