Date:      Fri, 12 May 2006 21:07:23 -0700
From:      "Atom Powers" <atom.powers@gmail.com>
To:        "Graham Bentley" <gbentley@uk2.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tape backup / Bizzare Device Question

> Graham Bentley said:
> > Is there a way to create a hdd resore solution with
> > set of boot floppies that will support my tape drive
> > access the tape and restore the entire hard disc in
> > case of disc failure disaster ? ie So I could install
> > a new disc and be up and running without doing any
> > additional admin? I guess like a 'ghost' for scsi tape ?
> >
> > Any advice / links etc apperciated.

Look at Bacula.
http://www.bacula.org/

Although I haven't bothered to create a restore boot-cd yet, my
restore procedure doesn't require it, I believe I saw documentation
about it somewhere in there.

Plus it's a fine backup/restore application.

--=20
--
Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--