Date:      Sun, 06 Aug 1995 05:24:27 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Bug in rlogin?

> >Take one slow net connection, one rlogin session that's got output
> >spewing to it, type ^C.  That rlogin connection is dead, no more,
> >it will never come back.  It is an ex-rlogin session.  OOB data
> >handling a little screwed, perhaps?
>
> I tried slip at 9600 bps.  It took 8 seconds for output to stop and
> another 8 for control to come back.

And I, of course, am now unable to reproduce it.  Foo! :-)

All I can say is that while I can't reproduce it now, my freefall
windows fall frequent victim to this phenomenon.  So much so, that if
output is spewing out that I know will finish relatively soon, I'll
let it swamp my link for awhile rather than ^C it and destroy the
entire session.

This one must be more subtle than a simple race, that's all I can say!

						Jordan