Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 22:13:32 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>, Mike Hoskins <mike@snafu.adept.org>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy site

We're paying attention. :)

For what it's worth, I think it's still worth doing it as a separate
site and worth doing it in such a way that "accounts" can be given to
roving reporters and such without having to give them actual Unix
shell accounts and/or CVS commit access.  Having to put someone who
only intends on being an occasional (but nonetheless valuable)
journalist though the commiters voting process is just too damn much
overhead for supporting a "slashdot" style site (which I believe is
needed - if it doesn't change at least once every other day, people
stop coming back).

I also don't see people complaining that they're not able to mirror
slashdot, so I think the fears about not having a CVS repository to
put up for remote access are a little unfounded.  If it all goes into
a mysql database with a bunch of CGI glue then so be it - as long as
it's visible on a site with reasonable network connectivity, we're
ahead of the game already.

- Jordan