Date:      Sat, 1 Sep 2001 22:47:58 +0200
From:      "Andrei Iltchenko" <iltchenko@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Running PPP over Ethernet

I was trying to set up my PPP over Ethernet connection to my provider.
Although I succeeded and everything works as it should, I receive annoying
messages when the system loads:

module_register: module netgraph already exists!
linker_file_sysinit: netraph.ko failed to register! 17

Below is the contents of the pertinent files:

ppp.conf:
default:
 set device PPPoE:xl0
 set MRU 1492
 set MTU 1492
 set authname ***
 set authkey  ***
 set log Phase tun command
 set dial
 set login
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0
 add default HISADDR   # Add a (sticky) default route
 set crtscts off
 enable lqr
 enable dns    # request DNS info (for resolv.conf)
papchap:
 set authname ***
 set authkey  ***

rc.conf:
inetd_enable="YES"
kern_securelevel_enable="NO"
saver="logo"
sendmail_enable="YES"
sshd_enable="NO"
network_interfaces="xl0 lo0"
ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1"
ifconfig_xl0="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ppp_enable="YES"
ppp_mode="ddial"
ppp_nat="NO"
ppp_profile="default" # or your provider

MYKERNEL:
options         NETGRAPH                #netgraph(4) system
options         NETGRAPH_PPPOE
# Pseudo devices - the number indicates how many units to allocated.
pseudo-device   loop            # Network loopback
pseudo-device   ether           # Ethernet support
#pseudo-device  sl      1       # Kernel SLIP
#pseudo-device  ppp     1       # Kernel PPP
pseudo-device   tun     1       # Packet tunnel.
pseudo-device   pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Sincerely,
Andrei Iltchenko.