Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:35:17 +0000
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        imp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ritek/Emtec CompactFlash

--QTprm0S8XgL7H0Dt

Hey hey,

Managed to solve the problem with the attached pccard.conf entries.
I also managed to coax my Verbatim CompactFlash cards to be supported also.

Warner: I would be grateful if you could review these, and where applicable,
commit them :-)

Excellent work, all driver maintainers concerned, my Vaio is now fully
supported under -STABLE for everything except IEEE 1394 and the Winmodem.

BMS

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 11:05:27AM +0000, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> On a 4.6-STABLE (August 2nd) box, a Sony Vaio PCGZ600-HEK to be precise,
> the Ritek (labelled Emtec) CF card I'm using refuses to work in my PCMCIA-CF
> adapter. That is, the ata driver fails to find any devices on the bus.

--QTprm0S8XgL7H0Dt

############ wi additions by bms ###################

# Eumitcom OEM PRISM2 adapter from SMC2652W SBC AP
# XXX: does not work yet
card "OEM" "PRISM2 IEEE 802.11 PC-Card"
	config	auto "wi" ? 0x10000
	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start
	remove	/etc/pccard_ether $device stop

card "ACTIONTEC" "PRISM Wireless LAN PC Card"
	config	auto "wi" ?
	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start
	remove	/etc/pccard_ether $device stop

# OEM ID 0x5 unlabelled PRISM2.5 card
card " " "IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN/PC Card"
	config	auto "wi" ?
	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start
	remove	/etc/pccard_ether $device stop

# ZoomAir 802.11
card "ZoomAir 11Mbps High" "Rate wireless Networking"
	config	auto "wi" ?
	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start
	remove	/etc/pccard_ether $device stop

# Centennial 8MB Linear Flash Card
# XXX: FreeBSD does not support Linear Flash
card "Centennial Technologies, Inc." "FL08M-20-11119"
	logstr "Centennial Linear Flash 8MB"

# Ritek CompactFlash
card "/$Ritek Co *Version 1.*/" "/.*/"
	config	0x1 "ata" ?