Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 1997 09:14:32 -0500
From:      exidor@superior.net (Christopher Masto)
To:        joed@ksu.edu (Joe Diehl)
Cc:        tom@sdf.com (Tom Samplonius), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adduser script

Joe Diehl writes:
> > > Many moons ago there was discussion on -hackers about the perl adduser
> > > script and what to do with it.  What every happened with that discussion,
> > > and/or is there any perl work that needs to be done on it?
>
> Yes, the script has existed at least since 2.0.5-ALPHA (which is the first
> version that could handle LBA translations)...  I believe the conversation
> consisted more of the lines that the script needing modifying in some way,
> but the general perl knowledge pool was relatively thin.  I'm not sure, it's
> been a while since that conversation took place and my memory is fairly hazy.

I would be interested in seeing a standalone version of something similar
to the 2.2 /stand/sysinstall's "User Maintenance".  Of course, it would
have a few changes.  I meant to work on this myself, but I don't forsee
having much time for it.
--
Christopher Masto  .   .   .   .   Superior Net Support: support@superior.net
chris@masto.com  .   .   .   .   . Masto Consulting:           info@masto.com

On Poultry Inspectors, little-known importance of:
 The crime bill passed by the Senate would reinstate the Federal death
 penalty for certain violent crimes: assassinating the President; hijacking
 an airliner; and murdering a government poultry inspector.
 - Knight Ridder News Service dispatch.