Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:52:42 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DVD Authoring

--Boundary-02=_ELXcAN9KxuCokt5

On Saturday 03 April 2004 12:27 am, Tim Aslat wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> quick question (hopefully)
>
> I have a project I've been asked to do for a friend and it's proving to
> be a little tricky.
>
> What I have been asked to do, is to capture video off a camera, add a
> visible timestamp and dump it to DVD/VCD, which I've chosen to do under
> FreeBSD.
>
> Currently I have a simple camera, hooked up through a Hauppauge
> PVR-350 capture card which is working like a dream thanks to John Wehle,
> my problem now is how to get a timestamp to display on the final DVD.
>
> I've managed to munge together a script using spumux/dvdauthor and a
> couple of perl scripts to generate the timestamp as subtitles, however
> this is proving to be rather slow and I can't force the subtitles to be
> displayed on a standalone DVD player.
>
> Does anyone know of a script/program to handle this kind of thing which
> will work under FreeBSD?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
You may want to try avidemux2 there is an older version in the ports=20
(partially my fault)  if you'd like an updated pre-release version I could=
=20
send you a port skeleton.  IIRC the author is currently adding DVD authorin=
g=20
features.  Check on the forums for the latest updates or features, those=20
folks most likely can help you a bit better.
http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry