Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 07:13:00 +0100
From:      Anders Andersson <anders@hack.org>
To:        AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
Cc:        alexis georges <floating_in_space_@hotmail.com>, FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>, Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Subject:   Re: XML Parsing error with Phoenix 0.4.2

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 05:10:52PM -0500, AlanE wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 07:59:31PM +0000, alexis georges wrote:
> >Hello
> >i am trying to get phoenix working..i installed fine from the port..no
> >glitches at all..so it is installed but when i try to launch it, i get this:
> >
> >XML Parsing Error: Undefined Entity
> >Location:chrome://broswer/content/browser.xul
> >Line Number 447, Column 34
> >
> So far, you are the second person to report this. The rest of us have
> no clue whatsoever it's about.
>
> I wonder if it could be related to perl version or File::Spec version
> used when building the port. Otherwise I've got no idea at all. Have you
> checked mozilla.org's website to see if there's any mention of it?

Alan, I just sent you directly a report just like this one, first now I found
discussion in here.

I think it is related to the File::Spec, since it works fine on a box with
perl5.8 installed in /usr/local but still the system perl in /usr. But with
the latest changes perl5.8 is not required (nor should it be, since its not
required on Linux and such) and it doesnt run.

Alan, do you have perl5.8 installed on the box you are testing on?
Since the configure part of phoenix finds that you got a hidden dependency.

Anders
--
Anders Andersson
<anders at hack.org>