Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:39:41 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        dougb@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   portmaster some_port vs. portmaster 'some_port*'

--Sig_/q_vmAUWUYWiytF_zrV4jCz8

Hi,

Maybe I'm not reading the man page correctly, but I would expect=20
portmaster, if invoked with a wild-card, to:
- first update the dependencies of the ports matched by the 'some_port*' it
gets on the command line
- then to update the ports matched by said wild-card in dependency order.

At least #1 above doesn't seem to happen for wild-card invocation, but
it happens when invoked with one or two ports:
http://people.tecnik93.com/~itetcu/FreeBSD/errors/portmaster/

Bug? Feature? :-)

Thanks for your help,

--=20