Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:30:30 -0600
From:      "Joesh Juphland" <part_lion@hotmail.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   bridging with pcmcia cards

Recently on this list someone mentioned that you cannot bridge with the 'wi'
driver.  This interests me and I have some questions:

(I am running strictly 4.3-RELEASE, btw)

1. is this just temporary - or will we _never_ be able to bridge with 'wi'
?

2. can I bridge with 'an' (cisco aironet cards) ?

3. can I bridge between two 'ep' cards (3com pcmcia)  ?

4. Finally, if the answer to #2 was 'yes', can I bridge between ep0 and an0
?

I am just trying to figure out if the difficulties with 'wi' bridging are an
odd, isolated case, or if bridging on pcmcia cards is, in general,
difficult.

Any further comments / suggestions also appreciated.

thanks.