Date:      Sat, 29 May 2010 23:46:31 +0300
From:      Kaya Saman <SamanKaya@netscape.net>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Creating jails to run Squid and multiple Bind services - Newbee

Hi,

am attempting to create a set of Jails for the first time!!

I have read some documentation:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/portbuild/new-node.html

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/jails-build.html

http://www.section6.net/wiki/index.php/Creating_a_FreeBSD_Jail

and finally for configuring Squid in FreeBSD:

http://www.freebsddiary.org/squid.php (just as I currently run this on
Solaris 9)

So far what I've done is this:

cd /usr/src
make buildworld

I straight away then get an error saying:

/usr/src/usr.bin/make

***error code 2

Stop in /usr/src

***error code 1

Basically what I want to do is something very similar to how I use
Solaris Zones; create a directory structure which will run 1 specific
service only on a specific IP address....

I am not certain if I can run 2 instances of Bind in two different Jails
but would be cool if I could.

I just have no idea how to start!! :-(

I also attempted using this:

#  setenv D//here/is/the/jail/
#  mkdir -p $D
#  cd /usr/src
#  make buildworld
#  make installworld DESTDIR=$D
#  make distribution DESTDIR=$D
#  mount -t devfs devfs $D/dev

which didn't get me anywhere either :-(

In preparation I  have created a directory called /var/jail which I have
subdirectories with the desired config in them for the services I plan
to run: named_1, named_2 and squid

Although I have no idea how to proceed from here???

I really appreciate if someone could give me a hand getting started as
I'm totally lost on creating the jails as I can configure the services
that I need to run in them easily!!

Am on BSD 8.0 RELEASE 'current' edition x64.

Many thanks,

Kaya