Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 02:52:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      <jkoshy@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        imp@village.org, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: a small change to pccardd(8) behaviour in -STABLE

Folks,

pccardd(8) in -stable will now read the entire card description string from
a PCMCIA card instead of the earlier limit of 29 characters, just as it
does in -current. Consequently, card descriptions in "/etc/pccard.conf"
don't now need to be artificially truncated.

I was able to find two such truncated entries, comparing the -current
and -stable versions of "/usr/src/etc/pccard.conf.sample":

  card "3Com" "3C574-TX Fast EtherLink PC Ca"
  card "Linksys" "Combo PCMCIA EthernetCard (EC"

which get corrected to:

  card "3Com" "3C574-TX Fast EtherLink PC Card"
  card "Linksys" "Combo PCMCIA EthernetCard (EC2T)"

Please let me know if any other entries need to be similarly expanded.

Regards,
Koshy
<jkoshy@freebsd.org>