Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 19:02:11 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jason@scott.net (Jason Gilbert)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect install

Jason Gilbert stands accused of saying:

> I was just trying to install WP and have hit a snag.  When the script
> hits a point where it is starting the xwpinstall program it complains
> about not being able to open /dev/XOR.  I can't do a MAKEDEV for it.
> I also can't find any install dirs.  I don't think they were created.

(this is from memory, apologies).

Before you start installing xwp, do the following :

touch /dev/socksys
symlink /dev/X0R to /dev/null
symlink /dev/ipx to /dev/null
setenv DISPLAY localhost:0.0
(you may have to replace 'localhost' with the IP address of your system)

> jason

]] "wherever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai                   [[