Date:      Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:31:41 +0900
From:      Takanori Watanabe <takawata@init-main.com>
To:        jhb@freebsd.org
Cc:        acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re-enabling ACPI module.

Hi, I looked in the new APIC code you commit.
The thing that prevent ACPI subsystem from moduler
is the way we aquire ACPI root pointer, I think. Right?

If so, we can took this in  way.
1. Move

u_long i386_acpi_root;
to machdep.c and madt.c use i386_acpi_root variable, instead of calling
AcpiOsGetRootPointer. If Boot loader failed to detect ACPI root pointer,
the MADT table is not used, even if the OS can detect it.

2. Re-imprement AcpiOsGetRootPointer so that it does not
use AcpiFindRootPointer().

Which do you think better?