Date:      Sun, 01 Nov 1998 14:54:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Yes!

It is installed!

[ for the greppers and searchers ] Alpha Personal Workstation 433au OK

It installed, and make world (actually buildworld, followed by
installworld) completed successfully.

Minor Questions remain:

*  Sysinstall asks about fdisk partitions but the installation ignores the
   information.  Should it?  or, should the Alpha simply not ask these
   offensive DOSish questions?

*  Assuming only one ``slice'' exists in which to install FreeBSD
   partitions, how does one create a device with say, 20 filesystems?
   No, this is not a DPT (yet again :-) question, although it could easily
   be one.

*  Who is responsible for the fix which will make the boot disk bootable?
   If I am, then where is the best place to stick this code (thanks Doug!)?

*  Upon reboot, I saw the repeated message ``,kernel.old not found'', or
   some such.  Is this an artifact of installworld, or what?

*  It seems like this machine here has sound interfaces.  Does anyone know
   how to make them work?

Thanx a million for a terrifc job!  I will now resume my family life and
tinkering with DPT stuff to make it Alpha worthy.

Simon