Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 1998 00:36:27 -0400
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS trouble with -stable?

I'm trying to "make buildworld" on a "current" -STABLE machine.

The machine I'm running the build on does an NFS mount of its /usr/src and
/usr/obj trees, which are hosted on another -STABLE box.

The "underlying" version for these two boxes is -STABLE as of about 3 June
1998.

I'm running into a problem in that several of the .depend files (at least)
seem to have large hunks of NUL bytes in them.

Anybody have any ideas on what might be going on here?

How about ideas on how I can figure out if it's something stupid I'm doing
or if it's a bug?