Date:      Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:15:19 +0100
From:      Antony T Curtis <antony@dp.abacus.co.uk>
To:        Kevin Mills <kmills@a6l.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cross compiling for AIX

Kevin Mills wrote:

> I've follwed the cross GCC instructions and had little success, so I'm
> beginning to wonder if it is even possible - Is it possible to set up GCC to
> cross-compile on FreeBSD for AIX?  Has anyone attempted this?

I would think this is difficult at best as binutils cannot handle AIX's
XCOFF32/64 object files. On the AIX platform, GCC has to use IBM
supplied ar, ld, as etc.

You'd be better off just using GCC on AIX and using NFS to make the
files available to both boxes... I use rsh if I want to start gcc on the
AIX box from FreeBSD.

--
ANTONY T CURTIS                     Tel: +44 (1635) 36222
Abacus Polar Holdings Ltd           Fax: +44 (1635) 38670