Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 1995 11:25:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GDB 4.14 on FreeBSD SNAP 0210

	Hi there,

	I've got 2 Qs :

	1.
	Yesterday I tried to debug some pretty innocent program :)
	under emacs/gdb on FreeBSD SNAP 0210.
	I was able to start gdb session under emacs , issue a couple
	of commands ( see the source code and set up the breakpoint).
	But when I started the program beign debugged ( run) whe PC
	just _rebooted. Silently ! No panic messages , no complaints -
	nothing :((
	This is P5 90 PCI Gateway 2000 /Bustec 964C 128Mb RAM

	2.
	being pretty scared with that / the OS had been running for
	1+ month w/o any! problems / ,
	I ftp'ed today gdb 4.14 , hoping that probably the problem was with
	gdb ( pretty stupid , heh ) , and it compiled rigth out of Net.
	But !
	When I start it with _any binary - the beast complaints about
	"not executable format"

	I tried to find some patches for gdb4.14 on freefall w/o any
	success , and ftp.cdrom.com is apparently is down / for maintenance
	I think :) /.

	Any hints ?

	SY
	RK