Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:06:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      woods@zeus.leitch.com (Greg A. Woods)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   how do I build a 2.2.x release with Kerberos and still get /usr/bin/login in bin.*

How do I build a 2.2.x release (using 'cd release ; make release ... '),
with Kerberos, and still manage to get a "normal" (i.e. non-kerberized)
/usr/bin/login included in the bin.* distribution.

What I'm doing now is putting MAKE_KERBEROS4=yes in my /etc/make.conf
(i.e. in the one checked into my local CVS repository).

Everything works just great, but the resulting system install is
unusable without also installing the krb distribution because (among
other things) there's no /usr/bin/login in the bin distribution.

How do I get to keep my kake and eat it too?  ;-)

(I'm only on freebsd-stable & freebsd-bugs (and announce and security),
and not on freebsd-hackers, so I'd appreciate a Cc on any replies.)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@acm.org>      <robohack!woods>