Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 2020 16:48:11 -0700
From:      "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@juniper.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        Miguel C <miguelmclara@gmail.com>, <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, <sjg@juniper.net>
Subject:   Re: CTF: UEFI HTTP boot support

Rodney W. Grimes <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> wrote:
> > The "fake cd drive" is in the kernel, loader just copies the iso into
> > memory like any other module, and by the time that's done you just
> > reboot into the newly installed system, which again uses
> >
> > vfs.root.mountfrom="cd9660:/dev/md0.uzip"
>                                   ^^^
>
> Argh, the cd9660 confused me, I think your doing a
> "root on mfs/md"?

loader.conf says

rootfs_load="yes"
rootfs_name="contents.izo"
rootfs_type="md_image"
vfs.root.mountfrom="cd9660:/dev/md0.uzip"

contents.izo is uzip'd contents.iso which file(1)
describes as ISO 9660 CD-ROM filesystem data ''

That's for normal boot, for the loader 'install' command
it expects an uncompressed iso for rootfs.