Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:45:17 +0200
From:      h <h@llorien.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   enemy territory fails to reload + slows down the mouse on exit

port linux-enemyterritory loads fine once on FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p8. but
when you try to reload it after you quit the game, it's all sluggish and in
slide show mode you can hardly reach the main menu. console shows this
message:

Warning: pid 1028 used static ldt allocation.
See the i386_set_ldt man page for more info

i read the manpage but have no clue what's it's talking about.

so you have to kill -9 the pid from a tty to recover your X without mouse. if
you try to reload the game then there is 90% chance it will lag the same. i
have to load another app that goes fullscreen (linux heroes3 in my case, it
loads without a mouse but i can quit) then reload et and it works but that
sucks.

also whenever you quit enemy territory the mouse is very slow in X and that's
annoying.

i should mention i've only had this issues since last week. 3 weeks ago all
worked fine. i spent 2 weeks not using the game. the only thing that changed
on my system is that now it loads some dirs from the lan via nfs, but the ET
files are loaded from local hard drive.