Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:10:24 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        never@netropolis.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: about Sporster 128k ISDN TA support .. anyone here /w freebsd and one?

On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 10:44:16PM -0600, never@netropolis.net wrote:

> someone had emailed me and told me that the Sporster 128k isdn
> ta had indeed been listed in a -current file so therefore likely to be
> supported.  i was hoping to hear something a little more authorative
> about this issue.. because without support for it i should not even
> install.  i was told by other people that since it did not have
> jumpers and not a true pnp device -- that it was 'dumb' coz it
> needed software to work.  does not work with linux.  hoping it'll
> work with freebsd.  please reply to my email address as i am not
> subbed to the list.

I can say for sure that the USRobotics 128k ISDN TA works well with
Linux. We use it in several places.
The same for 3.1-RELEASE and onwards, specially for you unpacked the
ssys tree and checked LINT file. It should work. BTW, this isn't an
authoritative answer, I haven't used it myself and also you can have
weird hardware in which case it doesn't work. The last and
authoritative answer is a try by yourself.
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee