Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:31:47 +0200
From:      Nico -telmich- Schottelius <nico-freebsd-scsi@schottelius.org>
To:        Bernard Buri <berni@ask-us.at>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommened U320 SCSI controller (pci-x)?

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

Bernard Buri [Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 10:24:05PM +0200]:
> Hi!
>=20
> Not only for FreeBSD, I have the best experience with the mpt fusion=20
> based cards, concerning performance and compatibility/reliability.=20

Do you have some card names? Searching for the 53c010 on the lsi logic
page was quite confusing, because it seems to link to other cards that
use the amr driver, which is another chip, afaiu.

> Currently, we have a subversion server running FreeBSD 6.2 without any=20
> problems on an mpt based raid controller. I believe it is U160 though.

Ok. We are trying to run a high-load mailserver over here and thus the
disk i/o is a big issue (and locking up the server a big problem).

Nico

--=20
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42  F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1--