Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:40:09 GMT
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/131314: [modules] [panic] large modules fail to load on amd64

The following reply was made to PR amd64/131314; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@freebsd.org>
To: Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 09:11:39 -0700

 On Sun, Dec 05, 2010 at 14:19:07 +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:

 > Ken,
 >
 > this is an interesting problem. Are you able to reproduce it still?
 > I think that something like that should be easily debuggable.

 Unfortunately, no.  I no longer have access to the codebase that was
 generating the problem.  (It was at my previous job.)

 But, you may be able to reproduce the problem by putting a very large
 global variable/table in the kernel and see what happens.  As I
 mentioned in the bug report, I made the problem go away by taking out that
 table.

 Ken
 --
 Kenneth Merry