Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:58:21 -0700
From:      Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Running Cyc under FreeBSD (Linux mode)

I am trying to run the "run-cyc.sh" program from the OpenCyc 0.6.0b
distribution for (Intel-based) Linux.  When I try the command, I get:

   ELF binary type "0" not known.
   Abort trap

Using file(1) on the binary that the script runs, I get:

   ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, statically
linked, stripped

I am running FreeBSD 4.5 and I _did_ ask for the Linux option when I installed
the system.  This is the first Linux application that I've ever tried to run
under it, however, and I may well need to do something else.  Looking at the
man pages (eg, apropos linux), however, I don't see anything...

Suggestions?

-r
--
email: rdm@cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841