Date:      Mon, 06 Jul 1998 08:43:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        Richard Savage <r.savage@dial.pipex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP and

It sounds like you're not adding any routes when PPP goes up.  If you're
using dynamic IP addressing, make sure you have a block in your ppp.linkup
file that looks like:

provider:
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR

If you're doing all of this interactively, once you've connected and
entered packet mode, type:

delete ALL
add 0 0 HISADDR

At the PPP prompt to get a gateway of last resort (default route) going.
Tehn you should be able to navigate around the Internet just fine.

Joe Clarke