Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2017 21:31:53 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
To:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Signal 11 on RPI2 running 12.0-CURRENT #6 r320526

On 2017-Jul-1, at 6:55 PM, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:

> After a source upgrade to 12.0-CURRENT #6 r320526 my RPI2 reported
>
> pid 514 (ntpdate), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> pid 554 (testparm), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> pid 555 (testparm), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> pid 556 (testparm), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> pid 557 (testparm), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> pid 630 (sshd), uid 0: exited on signal 11
> pid 1751 (svnlite), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
>
> The serial console still works and allows logins, but otherwise
> it seems I'm locked out.
>
> Is there a way to unshoot my foot?

I'm building and testing but it may be that the following
powerpc64 example is the same basic issue (ntpd and sshd
signal 11's being examples):

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2017-July/066469.html
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2017-July/066470.html
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2017-July/066471.html

The last of those has a fix suggested by Konstantin Belousov.

It is associated with his -r320509 changes for:

> In the stdio cleanup push and pop wrappers, always call libc stubs for
> __pthread_cleanup_push/pop_imp instead of symbols also exported from
> libthr.
>
> This prevents calls into libthr if libthr is not yet initialized.  The
> situation occurs e.g. when an LD_PRELOADed object is not linked
> against libthr, but the main binary is.

But it turns out that -r320509 was incomplete.

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net