Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:47:53 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Dieter <freebsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
Subject:   Re: DViCO FusionHDTV5 tuner support?

--nextPart12404249.M2nj0QraB3

On Thursday 11 May 2006 09:48, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> Dieter wrote this message on Wed, May 10, 2006 at 13:47 +0100:
> > John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> > > My bktrau driver for the DViCO FusionHDTV5 Lite

> > > I'd suggest NOT to use a kernel interface.. they are expensive
> > > to maintain, and harder to shoehorn things like USB web cams
> > > into...
> >
> > So... the DViCO FusionHDTV5 tuner is supported now?  Any
> > problems? Is the USB version supported?
>
> Just the Lite PCI card version...  I do have a bit of reception
> problem, but I think that's just because my set top box is much
> better at hiding errors, and most MPEG-TS players don't hide errors
> by default.. :(
>
> I have no clue about the USB version..  Though since the tuner part
> is in userland, you could take my program and add the necesary ugen
> interface for reading data...
=46YI, I just received the DViCO FusionHDTV5 USB Gold today along with a=20
proper antenna.  I'm trying to get DViCO to cough up the=20
documentation right now.  Basically it seems that you need to=20
download the bluebird firmware to the device, which will cause the=20
device to initialize and expose the ugen endpoint(s).  Hopefully I=20
can get the docs.  After that it should be pretty straight forward=20
since there will be no need to muck around with kernel stuff.

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry