Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 20:51:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      obiwan!bob@uudell.us.dell.com (Bob Willcox)
To:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, mmead@goof.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Make World Times ( was Re: commits in the last 2 days?)

Nate Williams wrote:
> On my box (subjective, nothing definitive) which is a
> 486/66-16MB/ISA/SCSI I suspect it's more like 24-36 hours for a complete
> make world.  A simple make takes 12-14 hours if I remember right.
> However, I'm usually running alot more than make world, so that'll slow
> it down.  But, I don't suspect it halves the time.

I have been doing make worlds on a DX2/66 EISA/SCSI with 20MB of
RAM in just under 10 hours.  The source is NFS mounted from another
system (running FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and the obj is on a local disk.

--
Bob Willcox                ...!{rutgers|ames}!cs.utexas.edu!uudell!obiwan!bob
Austin, TX                                 or: @uudell.us.dell.com:obiwan!bob