Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:42:57 +0000
From:      otterr@speakeasy.net
To:        "Alex Zivenko" <twistfire@rambler.ru>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CHAT ON LAN WITH WIN MACHINES?

Alex,
If it was just Unix operating systems, I'd suggest talk/ytalk between two=
 people. Since you say some maybe Windows clients, and the thought crosse=
d my mind that it may be several people, consider setting up a local ircd=
 server. Some may want to use IM clients. Most, if not all, of those requ=
ire authentication outside your LAN.
-Otterr