Date:      Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:26:04 -0600
From:      Lorin Lund <wbs@infowest.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, "Raja Velu" <raja@micronetusa.com>
Subject:   Re: Windows software for burning CD Images?

7/5/2002 10:25:40 AM, "Raja Velu" <raja@micronetusa.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I downloaded the 4.6 release CDs from the FreeBSD FTP site. (The .iso files)
>
>I xfered these files to a Windows box (the only one which has a CD-RW drive)
>and tried burning the 4.6-disc1.iso file using Easy CD Creator - I used the
>ISO 9660 option.

I've used Easy CD Creator and I've used Nero.  When using Easy CD Creator I just double click on the .iso file
and Easy CD Creator came up in the right mode to do the disk.

I have however had experience with CD drives that FreeBSD doesn't recognize.  I have a Compaq Presario notebook
with a CD drive built by Toshiba.  The install CD will boot but I can't get it to recognize the CD after that.
Even after FreeBSD is installed it won't mount the CD drive.  So obviously there are some CD drives
that FreeBSD doesn't support.  I end up coping files from the CD to C:\FreeBSD under Win98 and then installing
from the DOS partition.