Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 11:22:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PS printer

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Mark Murray wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is amazing news for me!
>
> Which emulation/ghostscript version do you use? I have an HP 694C, and
> I have not taken it out of the box yet (in case I have to give it
> back), because I don't know if it will work, and I can find no mention
> of its compatibility modes.
>
> This printer has (it claims) a "photo-real" mode. Can you access this
> through something in UNIX/Ghostscript/PS? Are there any tricks to
> aligning the heads colour/black like for the other HP colour DJ's?
>
> > It's not everyday you can save a bunch of money and improve the quality in
> > one step.  Postscript printers cost an arm and a leg; go price them.
>
> Amen, brother!

I set up one driver using cdjmono, the other for cdjcolor.  This is the
same printer, of course, the cdjmono one being the default, so I call out
lpr -Pcolor when I want color.  I've just recently purchased the second
color ink cartridge for the "photo-realistic" stuff, but in the one time
that I tried it, I couldn't see a difference.  Course, the original one
came out amazingly well to begin with.  Do you have a picture source that
I could use to check this with, one that would print differently with the
two?

BTW, it came with Windows software, but I haven't taken the shrink-wrap
off that.  Might have been a picture in there to serve as a test case.  I
just don't run Windows, really.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |