Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 10:13:04 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@sunyit.edu>
To:        "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>
Cc:        Brian Mitchell <brian@firehouse.net>, bugtraq@netspace.org, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: procfs hole

ok, hear's the deal, the exploit was written SPECIFICALLY for SU but i
assume almost any setuid program can be modified to do any kinda nasty
thing just by patching its code.  Getting root access isn't the only "bad"
thing, it could somehow patch the program by putting an "exec" somewhere
in it :) or it could just be used to make PASSWD mis-behave...

|Alfred Perlstein - Programming & SysAdmin
|perlsta@sunyit.edu
|http://www.cs.sunyit.edu/~perlsta
: ---"Have you seen my FreeBSD tatoo?"
'