Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:01:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      <fred@clift.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: problem with pcmcia isa adaptor on alpha

I tried your patch, though I only have a superficial understanding of what
it does.  (I had to add the following at the top

#include <pci/pcivar.h>

 to get the #define in question...)

and your patch:

> -		    RF_ACTIVE | rman_make_alignment_flags(PCCARD_MEMSIZE));
> +		    PCI_RF_DENSE | RF_ACTIVE | rman_make_alignment_flags(PCCARD_MEMSIZE));

and then, I run pccardd (which is important because it does the iocontrol
that actually sets up the memory windows) and then with my lucent wireless
card in the slot, a pccardc dumpcis gives me roughly:

# pccardc dumpcis | less
Configuration data for card in slot 0
Tuple #1, code = 0x1 (Common memory descriptor), length = 3
    000:  00 00 ff
        Common memory device information:
                IRQs:  NMI IOCK BERR VEND 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15
Tuple #17, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0
2 slots found

Next on my list - build the wi driver (and userland utils) into my kernel
and see if this works :).

So, one question - I presume a patch for pccard.c would need to have some
#ifdef ALPHA kind of code in it so that this change is specific to the
alpha architecture only?  Should I generate a patch for this?  File a PR?

There would also need to be patches to either GENERIC or to LINT to let
people know these can be made to work on alpha, and probably something
about the wi driver too.

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fred@clift.org -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.