Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2012 14:16:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question regarding /etc/src.conf

>> WITHOUT_MODULES= ...  in make.conf traditionally

Exactly - that's why my /etc/make/modex.conf has:
WITHOUT_MODULES= aac acpi_asus acpi_dock acpi_fujitsu acpi_hp \
and on and on... I do not want to put this long list in the make.conf
because it makes that file a lot more complicated than necessary. So I
prefer to separate the list of excluded modules into a different file.

@Ronald_Klop: I use /etc/make.conf. A portion of that file is:
#.include "/etc/make/modex.conf"
#WITHOUT_MODULES= "/etc/make/modex.conf"
BUILDFLAGS= /usr/local/share/bsdadminscripts/buildflags.mk
.if exists(${BUILDFLAGS})
.include "${BUILDFLAGS}"
.endif