Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:14:27 -0800
From:      "Robison, Dave" <david.robison@fisglobal.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Printing directly to IP address

You're going to want to use lpr, and you'll have to set up /etc/printcap
first.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/corp-net-guide/printserving-lpr-freebsd.html

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/corp-net-guide/printserving-unix.html

The command I use to print to a printer set up in /etc/printcap:

lpr -P<printername> filename_to_print

lpq will show you the queue, lprm removes jobs from the queue.

Hope this helps.

--
Dave Robison
Sales Solution Architect II