Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 15:36:34 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@mcs.net>
Cc:        spork@super-g.com (spork), tqbf@enteract.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Blacklisting and being "asked" to deinstall FreeBSD - you heard that right!

>> On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, David Greenman wrote:
>>
>> >    I don't like how this whole mess has come down. There is an awful lot of
>> > ill-will being passed out that will have long term ramifications. It didn't
>> > need to happen this way.
>> >
>> > -DG
>>
>> I think most of the ill-will comes from the following sources:

>Well, the core team just added to that ill will.  Deliberately.

   The "core team" did no such thing. You are not being blacklisted and the
core team did not ask you to de-install FreeBSD.

>I have just received a voice phone call from one of the core members asking
>me to leave FreeBSD, transition our machines off the operating system,
>and walk away.
>
>Obviously, I will do none of the above.
>
>But I thought you should know that the response of the core team is to these
>kinds of issues.

   The is not the response of the core team and I had no knowledge that anyone
representing us called you until just a couple of minutes ago. Jordan is not
representing the core team if he has told you to do the above, and he does
not have the support of any of us in this issue.

-DG

David Greenman